An introduction to Western Philosophy from a historical perspective. Click on the lecture you want to watch or discuss.
- 1: What is Philosophy?
- 2: Pre-Socratic Philosophy
- 3: Socrates and the Socratic Turn
- 4: Plato
- 5: Aristotle I: Logic and Rational Thought
- 6: Aristotle II: The Philosopher
- 7: Descartes I: The Method of Doubt
- 8: Descartes II: A Priori Knowledge and Mind/Body Dualism
- 9: Locke & Berkeley: Empiricism & Idealism
- 10: Hume I: Empiricism and the A Priori
- 11: Hume II: The Problem of Induction and the Self
- 12: Kant I: Kant’s solution to the Problem of Induction
- 13: Kant II: Transcendental Idealism
- 14: Contemporary Philosophy of Mind: Dualism and Materialism